Layoff at Office

Well it was surely not a regular day at office.
Well,not one that I would want to experience again.
I happily went to office,blissfully ignorant ,carefree ,picking fruits,singing a song to myself.
Reached my cube space when I saw my colleagues all huddled up and discussing something.
And ...
Then read the not so pleasant early morning mail from the CEO abt how very "important and painful" it is ,but how necessary it was and blah blah.
The air was tense-I too got panicky,felt super guilty for all the hours wasted at the carrom table/crosswords and could visualize myself being pink-slipped ! I knew it had to be me .Well many others also were feeling the same.I guess its a very common tendency to think it'll be you and still hoping that it shouldnt be you.
The day went on ..

Well,Miracles do happen and I truly believe considering my own performance that I am very lucky to not have been kicked out.
It was an important day in my life as I have learnt not to take the job for granted.

Still after all this,ironically there was a long queue at the special friday chat counter.We did play carrom again,solved crosswords and the guilt trip was over.Old habits die hard.Guess life moves on.Ppl who worked hard also got laid off anyways !

So i guess "It cant happen to me" is the biggest notion that we'd like to believe.
But tragedy/inevitable is waiting around the corner to strike .Got to be prepared !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White water rafting at Dandeli

Melkote : The temple town

Kodachadri : A fabulous weekend !!!