My ideas on religion

Rites,rituals,religious conversion were some topics which kept haunting me all through.Spiritually this is the phase has helped me believe more strongly in my own religion/lifestyle and the fact that each religion is just another language you as a person communicate to God with.Each language(religion) has its grammar(customs/rules) ,but the end aim is the same,to convey your thoughts and your faith. So it should not matter to others . People lay so much emphasis on rituals and not on actual prayers,that the essence is lost . External form of worship is encouraged,which is good but its the mind which needs to be at peace and in sync with the soul within and all that is lost in the external show.
I realized that i cherish tradition and hate rules. Dont make it a rule to pray in a particular manner and to worship in a particular way. I think all that should be left to individuals.I have never been an atheist/agnostic but keep imposing the rules and i'll turn into one for sure ...

Comments

Rashmi Patel said…
"I have never been an atheist/agnostic but keep imposing the rules and i'll turn into one for sure "

That's so true. In fact, remove all the rules and this agnostic / atheist is well be on the way to belief..some sort of belief..

Looking forward to more posts. :)
There is a sayiing : "If God did not exist, people would have created God."

I am atheist, so I do not know if God exists. But, if you have good head on your shoulders, then you do not need any traditions/customs to lead a spiritual/happy life.
-Ravikiran
Dakshina Dasari said…
Yes Ravi,there is a strong prevailing misconception that equates spiritualism to religiousness/following rituals.
You dont have to follow xyz steps to be spiritual.You may not be an idol-worshipper but may actually be more spiritual than one.

Popular posts from this blog

White water rafting at Dandeli

Melkote : The temple town

Kodachadri : A fabulous weekend !!!